You want more from me?

Monday, November 28, 2011

Tunnels

The sound of sword on sword rang through the air. A battle cry escaped my lips as I swiped the head off of one of my foes.
I watched as two by two the men filed into the room, no matter how many I slew one always took its place.
I searched frantically for my companions. No one was to be in sight.
Suddenly I heard Eragon, an ally of mine, yell out of the dark "ARWEN!?"
"I am here!" I yelled back. I rushed toward the sound of his voice, killing anyone who got in my way. He must have heard me because I saw him rush towards me just as I rushed towards him.
Together we escaped the room and ran down the long passage ways frantically trying to find an exit from these under ground tunnels. The Empire was quick on our tails and we often had to stand and fight until Eragon conjured up a spell to throw or disorient the soldiers. We soon found a stair leading up into a small room. There was only one door, so we immediately ran towards it. It opened with surprising ease (for one suspects such a door to be locked or magically guarded). We ran into the room and shut the door only to find a winding stair case. Eragon hesitated but I dashed up the stairs so he was forced to follow.
When I reached the top I looked into the room to find but a window and a bell. I looked out the window to see we were about a league up. A watch tower I thought. I looked over at Eragon and could tell he was searching for Saphira's conscious. He must have found it and told her the situation because I heard a roar in the distance after a few seconds.
Realizing the soldiers could still catch up I barricaded the entrance and threw what I could down the steps to hinder them from their path.
The room suddenly filled with much more light than before. I looked up to see Saphira, and the roof was gone. She grasped me and Eragon, one in each claw, and flew away.
I watched the ruined city until we disappeared in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment