You want more from me?

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Charlie

"Charlie!" my mother screamed up the stairs.
"Coming!" Both me and my brother replied.
Neither of us came out of our rooms though. He was probably talking to his friends, complaining more likely, about the new school we have to go to soon. I kind of felt sympathy for him, with him spending his senior year of high school at a new school. I, on the other hand, have to spend my sophomore year at a new school.
"Charles! Charlotte!" My dad called.
With a sigh, I closed the book I was reading and left my room. My brother came out of his at the same time. So we walked down the stairs together.
When we reached the bottom of the stairs Grace handed us both our lunches, "I packed you both a brownie for good luck."
Charlie rolled his eyes, but I knew he appreciated it.
I sigh and look at my brother "Shall we?"
He dangles his keys from his hand and replies "Let's go." We headed out to the car.
Even though I was adopted, I still thought of him as my brother and Grace and Tom to be my parents. It's not that I keep my adoption a secret but me and my brother look scary a like so nobody asks, therefore I have no reason to tell.
When we got to school we both went to the main office to check in because it was our first day there. Afterwards we parted ways to go to our lockers.

No comments:

Post a Comment