You want more from me?

Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Seventh Christmas

Crystals of white as far as the eye can see
Christmas lights twinkle up and down the street
The tree decorated with every shape and color
Christmas morn came early and full of wonder

We four ran towards the magnificent evergreen
Only to find nothing but air beneath the boughs
Our father sat silently with a sly smile on his face
He handed the first of us a note with a clue to decipher

MR MONKEY’S FINAL DEFENSE it read
Beyond ecstatic, we raced to the first room
We searched room after room looking for clue after clue
The final clue of VROOM VROOM led us to the garage

Three instruments, each carefully labeled with a name
Two gleaming guitars for Kevin and Leith,
A colossal, pitch black set of drums for Nick,
But alas, none for little Alise in the vicinity

My father still sat in place, awaiting my return
A large gift lay under the tree, just for me
I tore off the wrapping paper with all my might,
To discover a simple white box which I opened carefully

Inside lay a beautiful doll, a mini-me
Her hair straight and chestnut brown like mine
Her chocolate eyes opened and closed as I lifted her
It was Amber, my new American Girl doll, my new best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment